hashcat 4.0.1 more slow than 3.6 (GT 740M)
royce, I think I have been polite, haven't I? And I haven't said any lie, have I? So I don't understand your words against me (I would like to ask you if you can avoid things like that in the future, please).

Well, there is a comparison between the speed of different versions. And it is a very interesting topic (at least in my opinion). Think about this: everybody want to crack their hashes the quickest as possible; so if there are other versions quicker than the last one, what is the problem to point that? No everyone will need the improves which the last version includes** but the speed always is welcome.

Return to the parameters. I cannot know what the original poster's command line is till he says it. In fact, he haven't answered whether he was using -O parameter yet. That is the reason I asked it.

Furthermore, obviously it is not the same to use a -w3 that -w4. So if the new version need a -w4 to get the same speed that older versions without that, really you must think there are any strange...

Because, in the best course of action you can use -w4 in the old versions too and again you'll get much better results, won't you?

** e.g. I need certain features which were removed (long time ago) from the tool. So I need to use a really old and slow (that does not even use the GPU!) version for that kind of tasks. Even I need to modify the system date to be able to use that. But there isn't another option...

Messages In This Thread
RE: hashcat 4.0.1 more slow than 3.6 (GT 740M) - by asirena - 11-22-2017, 10:01 PM