proper use of increment option
I'm using hashcat installed via homebrew on my macbook pro 10.11.6 on a series of WPA hccapx files, and I want to use the `--increment` options. the syntax i'm using is

Code:
hashcat -m 2500 -a3 --increment --increment-min 8 --increment-max 10 /Users/ldawg/crack/Dumps/DumpLogAAA-2.hccapx ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

i've tried rotating the switches, removing --increment-min 8, inserting = signs after min and max, and reducing the mask to only eight ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d. Each time, I get the same results, namely:

"Password length minimum: 8
Password length maximum: 63"

The output suggests the min-max options aren't recognized, but apart from that, the commands work fine and return no errors. It's as if the min-max options don't work for me. This isn't just on my mac, but on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux too I get the same results. I've read the pertinent FAQs and scoured the forum for --increment usage. I tend not to think this functionality is broken, so please forgive my ignorance and help me better understand the proper syntax.

Messages In This Thread
proper use of increment option - by catwoman - 11-26-2017, 05:48 AM
RE: proper use of increment option - by philsmd - 11-26-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: proper use of increment option - by atom - 11-26-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: proper use of increment option - by catwoman - 11-27-2017, 01:12 AM
RE: proper use of increment option - by epixoip - 11-27-2017, 01:49 AM
RE: proper use of increment option - by catwoman - 11-27-2017, 02:28 AM