7Zip Hash, missing SALT? (Salt-value exception)
(03-19-2018, 10:33 PM)philsmd Wrote: hmm, that doesn't seem to be the solution (but it is still interesting).

What happens if you change both the data length and the encrypted data to a shorter strings (the encrypted data is in hex and therefore it is twice as long as the data length indicates, if you change one you also need to change the other).

Which length would I be changing?

7z2hashcat lists 2 lenghts, at the 9th and 10th place. 11th place is obviously the encrypted data itself, because it's 99% of the file contents.

Code:
09 $[length of encrypted data] - the length of the encrypted data (see [encrypted data]
10 $[length of decrypted data] - the length of the output of the AES decryption of [encrypted data]
11 $[encrypted data] - the encrypted data itself (this field in some cases could be truncated, see below)

Wouldn't modifying this encrypted data and length have an effect on what the outcome of the hashed password is?

Also, I assume I'd be modifying this with the second position reset back to 1, it's original state?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7Zip Hash, missing SALT? (Salt-value exception) - by level42 - 03-19-2018, 10:49 PM