Hashing Test leaves GPU at 95° C
First off, I'm sorry I've been spamming the forums lately with these questions, but I just need a bit more assistance from you guys.

Currently, I have 2 GPU's
  • AMD Radeon R9 290x
  • AMD Radeon Fury X (WaterCooled)
I've tried running a few sample HashCat sessions with various configuration, but I've noticed that HashCat leaves my GPU's EXTREMELY hot (Which is obvious for the workload they are doing). In addition to this (compared to a friend of mine using an Nvidia card) I do not see temp reading in HashCat, thus I've been using Afterburner to monitor my temps.

Code:
HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Util: 92% Core:1030MHz Mem:1250MHz Bus:8
HWMon.Dev.#2.....: Util:100% Core:1050MHz Mem: 500MHz Bus:8

I've been trying to find a way to throttle the GPU's to keep them under say 85° C. I've read up a bit on --gpu-temp-retain 85 but perhaps I have it formatted incorrectly, because it does not seem to work. All I get is Invalid argument specified..

I then read in the F.A.Q, under the "My GPU overheats sometimes. Can HashCat automatically pause in case of overheating or with a script?" question, which suggested I try the -w 1, which did not seem to help at all. Within 5 minutes I was back to a scorching 95° C.

I'm not sure how to use the "--gpu-loops" as I couldn't find anything else about it in the F.A.Q, perhaps there is another article somewhere that discusses this?

Hoping someone can help me out here, as I'd rather not burnout the GPU's as they are on loan from a friend of mine.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Hashing Test leaves GPU at 95° C - by level42 - 03-22-2018, 05:29 AM
RE: Hashing Test leaves GPU at 95° C - by Flomac - 03-22-2018, 01:14 PM
RE: Hashing Test leaves GPU at 95° C - by Flomac - 03-22-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: Hashing Test leaves GPU at 95° C - by Flomac - 03-22-2018, 04:07 PM