ATTENTION! OpenCL kernel self-test failed.
(08-29-2019, 09:02 PM)philsmd Wrote: too many changes since that specific version. it could be (almost) any change that introduced the problem:

current version: +1394 after release
your version: +910 after release

that's almost 500 changes (484 exactly, 1394-910) that could be the culprit

My guess is that this is the commit with the largest changes for -m 2500: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/commit/5b97fe7

but I'm also not totally sure if this is still after your +910 version (but seems so from my calculations), that would be a change/version from mid April

Unfortunately, without anybody trying to find the culprit and pinpointing the problem, it's kind of impossible to understand the self-test error. BTW: the code of course works with all new(er) Nvidia/AMD cards as far as we know, so it must be NOT ONLY source code related, but kind of a driver bug that was only triggered by this source code change (the current code works perfectly fine with new AMD and Nvidia GPUs as far as we tested).

Yes. You are right on the newer Ellesmere processor (I have installed the second), the problem does not appear.
hashcat-5.1.0 + 914 gave an error. 14.04.19

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATTENTION! OpenCL kernel self-test failed. - by intem - 08-29-2019, 10:11 PM