Need assistance with veracrypt container
(02-08-2020, 06:55 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: That was going to be my next suggestion. If you have to pass debugging flags like --self-test-disable or --force, you are running in a poor configuration and may need to worry about hashcat and its dependencies as a whole before worrying about issues with specific cracking jobs.

Thank you for the help, so I for the password I am trying to crack I remember the phrase it spells out and I remember the first character however I forgot if I used a 0 or an o in a few places and as well as what symbol I ended the password with.

Currently I am trying a mask attack which seems to work fairly well however the provided mask rule are pretty inefficient.

Do you know of a way to say "For this one that's supposed to be an o or a 0 or a O just try those 3 options"? Same thing with a 3 or an e and ! or an I ?

If i can pass a simplified mask for these fields it would dramatically reduce the time it should take to find the right combination because I know most of the options its trying right now using ?a are not going to be valid but there doesn't seem to be a reduced charset I can use.

Ideally I would like to create an array of possibilities like ?k = [o, O, 0] ?g = [e, 3, E] , ?p = [i, I, !, 1] etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need assistance with veracrypt container - by skateboardingman - 02-08-2020, 02:41 PM