Brain server can't write above 4GB
I guess a developer or at least somebody able to debug the src/brain.c code would need to try to troubleshoot, repdroduce and try to fix this problem.
Are you sure the disk isn't busy writting ?
Why should it be stuck ? Is it not reacting/writing anymore after that last write operation ?

Maybe somebody could also try to debug it or use some tools to see what the hashcat server tries to do and see if the disk is busy (for instance with tools like this on windows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s-explorer)

It would also be great if somebody double-checks with linux to see if this is a windows-only problem. Could you try to test that ?

BTW: I know that you are just testing something and trying to proof that something is not working perfectly fine... but I just want to emphasize for the random readers here that the brain feature was never designed to be used with fast hashes that could generate GB of data very fast... it's much better suited for hash types like bcrypt/scrypt (I know you are aware of this, but other users might not understand this immediately)

Messages In This Thread
Brain server can't write above 4GB - by illyria - 05-29-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: Brain server can't write above 4GB - by philsmd - 05-30-2020, 05:28 PM