Question about --force option and CUDA Toolkit SDK
Thanks for your promt reply Phill

Yes, I had readed the /faq/wrongdriver page but I wasn't sure if I should install the driver because I had read on manufacturer forum that it could cause problems when updating it on my notebook but today i have finally updated it, and now i have the latest version installed on my system and it is working with no issues (at least upto the moment)

After doing that, i have cloned the latest repository and compiled the sources under cygwin64 and have run HC but, unfortunatelly, i'm still having the same issue with the CUDA SDK not detected message...
For the record now i have installed the latest CUDA Toolkit SDK 11.0 RC.

Another test i did was download Hashcat beta version and run the binary and for my surprise it has correctly detected the CUDA SDK!!!.

It is possible than the beta version has some change/improvements regarding the backends?

I have also tested copying my module dll file on the module folder and the opencl kernel on the kernel folder of HC beta and have tried to run a benchmark of my kernel to test it, but something is not working and HC is finishing after the message about the hash mode is displayed on the screen.

It could be that there is some difference on hashcat beta regarding the one on the repository? or it is something related to the build on my system?

Any idea/suggestions?

BR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about --force option and CUDA Toolkit SDK - by TheAleph - 06-29-2020, 01:03 AM