Unsure which method to use
Hi all, hashcat is really great!

I'm trying to crack my forgotten password on a bitcoin wallet... I was able to extract the hash and I have all the GPU
drivers installed, but I'm struggling a little bit with what method would be the best to try to use.

I've got a list of possible strings, and then I know back then I was doing things like doing stupid modifications to passwords,
like changing E to be a 3 or making A be a 4, or "bitcoin" be bi7coin or bitcoiN, etc. I am pretty sure that if I replaced an "O"
with a zero (0) in a word, I would have done it for both instances of the letter "O" when it occurs.

The above kind of suggests I use the leetspeak.rule, but my list of possible strings is really short, so I think its too small to
be efficiently parallel. I tried ./hashcat.bin -a 0 -m 11300 ./hash.txt ./wordlist.txt -O -w 3 -r rules/unix-ninja-leetspeak.rule, but that finished way too fast (without success).

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm still reading the wiki and documentation to understand what options would make sense.

Messages In This Thread
Unsure which method to use - by rantoie - 08-15-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Unsure which method to use - by undeath - 08-16-2020, 12:41 PM
RE: Unsure which method to use - by rantoie - 08-16-2020, 02:26 PM