Apple M1 and myetherwallet recovery
So, I have a PC with a Geforce 3080 and a 2TB NVM Raid as well as a ryzen 3700X. Doing the following hashcat on it results in about 15000 h/s for a myetherwallet scrypt

hashcat -a 3 -m 15700 -D1,2 hashfile PART1?a?a?a?a?a?a  -o result.txt  

This, to my understanding takes the PART! which is known and then tries all symbols,digits and letters and captials for the remaining 6.

Again, this is 15000 hashes / second.. not that terrrible imho...

So for fun i compiled hashcat on my m1 macbook pro, then ran the same line, except i had to use --force for the CPU to be used.. 

This gave me a staggering 5000 hashes / second. for a little arm machine, not HALF BAD..
so, then i looked closer and it used 1 thread.. TR: 1 was show, while my Geforce was using 1024 threads....

Great I thought, I, just for fun, crank the treads on my M1 to 64 ... just to see what happens.. 

well for the last 2 hours it is running at: 1814,9 kH/s ... what????? the time reduced from 22 days to 4 days to crack the password... 

Now, I am not a noob to IT and I have been wroking for decades in the industry and never have i seen a difference like this ... what the "#¤%#"¤"#¤"    is there something wrong with my command??  Oh and the load on the laptop isnt that bad... and if this is an ok hashrate for a 15700 mode crack, then fine but why isnt my Geforce getting the same? oh and my ryzen does like less than 50 hashes per sec

what am I doing wrong here???

Messages In This Thread
Apple M1 and myetherwallet recovery - by vicious1 - 01-03-2021, 07:05 PM