Hashcat slow (solved)
Quote:the used mask is yet to small to use the power of your card, you can easily check this if you make a fast check with ?a *10 or so) and you should see that your hashrate rises

I tried that and got an "Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask". I changed it to ?a x8 ?d x2 and the hashrate did jump, but only to about 1.2 BH/s and hashcat reported gpu utilization at 99%. That rate is way short of the 22 BH/s I got with the benchmark but still an improvement. Interestingly, both Task Manager and Process Explorer both showed the GPU usage near 0. Not sure why they didn't detect the obvious usage that was happening.

I also noticed hashcat seemed more responsive. When doing the 6x ?a mask, if I press S, either nothing happens or I get the exact same report as before (eventually it does update on it's own), but with the 10 character mask, S responses right away with a real update.

Kind of sucks that a smaller keyspace can take as long to search as a larger keyspace. Could the size of my hashlist be slowing it down? It is big - about 10 M lines. (My thought was to eliminate the short, don't care about hashes, then I can attack the more interesting ones easier.)

Messages In This Thread
Hashcat slow (solved) - by rsberzerker - 03-25-2021, 01:47 PM
RE: Hashcat slow - by Snoopy - 03-25-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: Hashcat slow - by rsberzerker - 03-25-2021, 08:35 PM
RE: Hashcat slow (solved) - by Snoopy - 03-26-2021, 11:27 AM
RE: Hashcat slow (solved) - by philsmd - 03-28-2021, 03:49 PM
RE: Hashcat slow (solved) - by rsberzerker - 03-30-2021, 06:29 AM