Help with iTunes back up decrypt iOS 9
**new to hashcat**

hello so I've been trying to retrieve a iPhone backup that contains some stuff I lost after misplacing a externalHD.
I have tried everything I can think of/just about every suggestion I can find for through forums that are specific to  Hashcat on MacOS. (don't know if Mac and linux vary as much as Mac and windows)

I am able to successfully install / run hash cat but I keep getting the error "signature unmatched, no hashes loaded"
I have tried one suggestion I saw in another forum  saying hashes containing "$" need to be in single quotes ( No luck.) I've tried saving the hashes into a different text file, different type of file, and even where said file is located and still am having no luck. 
I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if there is some sort of error, Hashcat version issue or some sort of bug that is preventing me from succefully retrieving my password.
I also get the notification device 2; this devices local memory is too small (don't know if that is relevant to the situation  but I am trying to provide as much detail as I can without copying and pasting all of what is in my current shell. 

will provide further details if needed. 

**note the hash was not obtained through Philsmd/itunes_backup2hashcat. I found a webservice that took my manifest.plist and gave me the hash**[url=https://github.com/philsmd/itunes_backup2hashcat][/url]

any help would be much appreciated. thank you in advance

Messages In This Thread
Help with iTunes back up decrypt iOS 9 - by sc710 - 07-11-2021, 12:22 PM