Twelve characters, four numbers, eight lowercase a-z
(10-21-2021, 05:33 PM)ctrl Wrote: Do like this: ?d?d?d?d?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l (change order for ?d for digits, ?l for lowercase)
Or with specified numbers or letters: -1 kliopasvr197830 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
With known order: -1 kliopasvr -2 197830 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?2?2?2?2

If you want to make a rule for 4 out of 12 characters use mask processor, but keep in mind, that this will be a hell of a big rule and it will take years to complete.

Yeah, i figured. There's something I'm missing, and it's not a supercomputer... Somehow there is a pattern I'm missing, something that allows for ~>75% of the default passwords for a certain local companies routers/gateways (that are supplied to the local non-enterprise consumer for personal/home use where I am currently studying these vulnerabilities) to be cracked in under 30 minutes, often less than 15 minutes, by online password cracking services, albeit with ostensibly powerful GPUs, but they couldn't just be brute forcing a password like this (12 digits, lowercase and numbers) in that amount of time consistently, could they? I'm obviously missing a pattern that they are privy to, right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Twelve characters, four numbers, eight lowercase a-z - by chrisjriddle - 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM