insert digits between 2 wordlists
Quote:Github issue opened:
https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/3257

@kcrowder69 Good job figuring that out. Sorry, I did not test the rule, I never used the replacement rule yet, so I assumed it allowed for multiple characters. Maybe another feature request, inserting and replace multiple characters tryings with  'abc' with quotes around them. I am on roll with feature requests, now only we need people to implement them Wink
Hashcat can be a bit inflexible sometimes, I guess these are limitations that have

i'm sure it's just a documentation oversight, all the wordlist manipulation tools seem to deal with a char, word or entire list. I'm sure I could have managed to figure out regex/sed to do it but i'd rather have a tooth pulled than dealing with that. Smile
Now my chore is speeding it up. the lists grow exponentially with 2 lists and 1000 rules and after about 10 minutes it drops from 1700 H/s to 550.. Sad  I've added the workload switch -w 3 and it doesn't seem to make a diff. tried making bigger lists or split lists. just cracking one WPA hash..lists are even limited to len 4-6. Currently 3 pipes, combo lists, run rule against it then into the attack pipe.  Any ideas on streamlining it would be appreciated. FYI This is an old Del quad core 2.35ghz so I may just have to live with it.

Messages In This Thread
insert digits between 2 wordlists - by kcrowder69 - 04-11-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: insert digits between 2 wordlists - by Snoopy - 04-11-2022, 01:31 PM
RE: insert digits between 2 wordlists - by kcrowder69 - 04-14-2022, 04:04 PM