Help with Truecrypt partition decryption
Hello!

I had my drives encrypted with truecrypt but because I had my system up and running in almost a year and today I had a power surge, I now cannot remember for the love of god my password. I know some bits, because it was me who thought it but can't remember the whole password. So I would really appreciate some help.
As far as I have read and understood, I first need to extract the hash from the partition and then run it with hashcat.

1) I first run dd to extract the hash. It's the whole disk drive so if I understand correctly I run something like
"dd.exe if=\Device\Harddisk6\Partition2 of=c:\temp\partition_hash.tc bs=512 count=1"

2)Because I know some bits about the password for example I know the first 10 characters and then I also know a string of characters (6 in total, just letters) and I also know the last 2 characters. How can I use this information to speed up the whole process?

3) I am not sure if I used AES-Twofish-Serpent or Serpent-Twofish-AES, is there a way to combine these two or do I have to run them seperatly?

4)Again I am not sure if I used SHA-512 or Whirpool, is there a way to combine these two or do I have to run them separately?

5) I have an RTX-2070 can I use it to speed things up?

6)I have now 16TB of locked data, so if anyone can feel my pain, I would appreciate enormously if someone could help me with the final syntax, I know it is a lot to ask, but I am a little desperate right now.

I would like to thank each and every one who read my post and even more everybody that answers. Excuse me for my bad English and I wish you a pleasant day!

Messages In This Thread
Help with Truecrypt partition decryption - by epaeon - 04-17-2022, 11:56 AM