deleted my old bitcoin wallets password, trying to find the right command to figure!
Bug 
Hey Hashcat

In 2017 I drunkenly accidentally deleted my blockchain.info passwords second password I had set.

I had over 1.6 BTC in the wallet, I know how to extract the hash I need but its the brute forcing the wordlist I could do with some guidance on,

I had set a large 29 random digit password for my first wallet which is working it was:

8099~GeNEcCjDADN____EpF8S!%r  

This works for the 1st password, but as for the second password back then I inserted like 2/3 random characters into the 1st password about 3 times in the middle somewhere randomly so it'd look similar to below (where ive put the ***)

8099~G***eNEcC***jDADN__***__EpF8S!%r  
(NOTE: I do not know where I inserted the charectors this is an example of what I remember it looking like)

So its a roughly 37 character password im trying to bruteforce, I know 29 of these charecters used in the password as they are the same as my 1st password 

I would like some help with the command to try all possible combinations to bruteforce this, im a bit of a beginner but is it along the lines of an expanding wildcard I need to look into? Very confused

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
deleted my old bitcoin wallets password, trying to find the right command to figure! - by Zeer - 09-21-2022, 04:42 PM