Format for specifying VeraCrypt keyfiles in Hashcat
(01-24-2023, 06:24 PM)0260n4s Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 04:17 PM)b8vr Wrote: You can't add a file path to --veracrypt-keyfiles. I talked with @atom about this. And as I remember, if you used more than one keyfile when encrypting your volume, you're probably f*cked. I'm pretty sure that the way it works with --veracrypt-keyfiles, is that it tries each of the given files, but none if them in combination.

Well that genuinely sucks. But thank you for your input. Smile

I've simplified things to work up in stages. I've removed all keyfiles and only have a simple password protecting the hidden volume. Running DD without SKIP and testing with mode 13721 (SHA512/AES) works fine for finding the outer volume password. However, running DD with SKIP=65536 (which worked on containers) and then testing with mode 13733 (Whirlpool/3-Cascade, which worked on the containers) fails to find the correct hidden volume password in the list. I may still have keyfiles issues, but I'd like to make sure everything works up until that point, which evidently is not the case. Any clue what's going on?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Format for specifying VeraCrypt keyfiles in Hashcat - by 0260n4s - 01-25-2023, 02:08 AM