Dissable or speedup autotune
(05-20-2023, 03:27 AM)royce Wrote: I feel your pain. I wish there was an "--autotune-classic" or similar that would revert to the old method.

Today, the only way to disable autotuning is to manually add your own tuning. On the command line, this is done with -n/--kernel-accel and -u/--kernel-loops. If you do a run, and watch for the accel/loop values that are calculated by autotuning, you can just steal those values and use them and they won't suck.

This worked very well. But I am a little insecure. What do those values impact my scenario? I am doing --a 3 -m 1000 (NTLM)? What effect will it have in the fastest case ?d?d?d...  and the slowest (?a?a?a..)? Like you say, I run and see what it calculates. But in the fastest cases, it changed the values. How I have to think about it?

Anyway, these are the values it calculates after autotune (more than the two you informed):
Code:
-n, --kernel-accel            | Num  | Manual workload tuning, set outerloop step size to X 
-u, --kernel-loops            | Num  | Manual workload tuning, set innerloop step size to X 
-T, --kernel-threads          | Num  | Manual workload tuning, set thread count to X        
    --backend-vector-width    | Num  | Manually override backend vector-width to X         

(05-20-2023, 03:27 AM)royce Wrote: Side note: if each mask only takes a few seconds to run and you're doing 229k of them, you can probably combine quite a few of them into larger masks.

This is interesting. Let's say I know the password needs to have one special character, but only one. How can I do this? I don't see another way than writing all the lines like:
Code:
?s?l?l?l?l?l
?l?s?l?l?l?l
?l?l?s?l?l?l
How can I combine this mask? Hashcat doesn't have this option to say: it needs to have one special character only. Maybe this could be a new feature!  Smile

Messages In This Thread
Dissable or speedup autotune - by rodrigo.Brasil - 05-19-2023, 10:24 PM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by royce - 05-20-2023, 03:27 AM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by royce - 05-27-2023, 08:24 AM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by buka - 05-27-2023, 06:14 AM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by royce - 05-27-2023, 08:24 AM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by rodrigo.Brasil - 06-25-2023, 12:24 AM
RE: Dissable or speedup autotune - by Gyfer - 06-25-2023, 03:56 AM