hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files
(01-29-2013, 09:18 PM)atom Wrote: No there is no limit. Can you paste cmdline?

Sure, but it probably isn't much use. The word list is in the same directory as hcstatgen.exe.

Code:
hcstatgen.exe test.hcstat < large_list.txt

You are right atom, it seems to be only on 2 large lists I have. I have another 5.8GB list that actually works. I have made other lists since posting to test as I was onto the same idea.

I have tested the older hcstatgen.exe V 0.9-64 and it also just stops immediately.

It must be my list, but I am unsure why as it is a cleaned one and it works with oclhashcat-plus.

Sorry this isn't a list I downloaded from the net and I can't upload such a huge list. I will keep cutting it down until it works and try to see what part of it is crashing hcstatgen.

This is something I can test on my own to save you time. If I isolate the problem character I will send a smaller list.

If this means anything to you the list is sorted small to large (word length) and it should all be lower case and unique. There are probably some non UK standard keyboard characters in there to.

To give me an idea where to look can you tell me does hcstatgen work on a list as I would view it ? What I mean is in this case will it start on the smallest words first ? If it does I know I am looking for the problem in the first half.

Also as hcstatgen.exe stops so quickly after starting on this list is there some sort of test it makes on the text file before starting ? My list could be failing for another reason, meaning it isn't actually a character problem at all.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by Hash-IT - 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by atom - 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
RE: hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by atom - 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by atom - 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by Hash-IT - 01-29-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: hcstatgen not making 32.1MB files - by atom - 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM