Problem installing catalyst 13.1 in debian
(07-28-2013, 07:51 PM)eljolot Wrote: Well The tutorial could be a little messy, But all was made throught irc channel.
If you read with attention I writed "I installed and rebooted to use graphics and work faster" because of that I installed the graphics.

Also the driver for 32 and 64 bits is the same download from the AMD page, then the installer detects if the system is 32 or 64 bits. If your see with attention in http://support.amd.com/US/GPUDOWNLOAD/Pages/index.aspx in the link "Linux (32-bit & 64-bit)" you will only see one link to download.

Then the problem is cause all the steps work only for The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) LINUX, for other distros may not work

Well the AMD driver should work for any system, if you check you will see that even include packaging creation for Debian, red-hat, Ubuntu, SUSE, etc. and if you check the actual source you'll see that it is compatible and will install on all the derivatives of the above with no modification. (except the patch for newer Debian derivatives, which The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) also is)

The reason why the user get the error is that is running a 64bit program on a 64bit system, but the installed library are linked to 32bit code.

Also I have The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) (ver. 1.08 64bit) and just to test, I follow your instructions and I end-up with the same error.

Only solution was to uninstall all the packages including the AMD 12.10 and then patch and re-install the AMD 13.1.

More over when you installed the AMD 13.1 the script should have actually told you that you have a previous version and you need to un-install prior to install 13.1, if it didn't then it means that for some reason it did not recognize that and it just went on and installed anyway and now you have a patchwork or mixed libraries that, still for some reason, may work for you but not for most of us.

P.S.: matter of fact while writing this I just got an email from another friend that has Kali8 64bit and he went on and tried and he is confirming my finding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem installing catalyst 13.1 in debian - by MaKr0 - 08-02-2013, 05:36 AM