How to recover password by truecrypt
I have the same problem as N007: I would like to try to recover a password of a truecrypt file. My OS is windows 7 64-Bit and of course I just installed the latest Nvidia-driver for my GTX670. And I have had no contact with hashcat or other password recovery tools till today.

As here is obviously not very much help for beginners like him and me, I tried to search the referenced "wiki" and "gui", but did not find anything on the topic "truecrypt recovery". So first I would really appreciate some more detailed references as just "wiki" and "gui". I really searched, but was not able to find any information about the truecrypt-password-recovery-options there. It would have been of so much help for me to find at least some example line for the (pretty new) truecrypt-options "-m 62YX" in combination with a dictionary.

I would like to do a dictionary attack for my truecrypt-file, but Iam not very successful in finding the correct options. Finally with trying around and not because of the wiki, I was able to put the following command line together, that is at least starting without errors:

cudaHashcat-plus64.exe -m 6221 -a 6 "test2.tc" "dict_test.txt" ?l

But this is for a hybrid attack and I would like to do a dictionary attack. As I think I understood that a dictionary attack for just trying all words in one dictionary is not available, I tried the "combinatory attack". As far as I understood this should try every combinations of 2 word of the dictionary, but the following line is not accepted and I have no idea why:

cudaHashcat-plus64.exe -m 6221 -a 1 "test2.tc" "dict_test.txt"

I would also like to know, if I understood it correct, that currently for cudaHashcat-plus64.exe only the AES encryption is supported and all other combinations are not supported?

EDIT: Ok, I found the problem. I just had to remove the attack-mode "-a 1" in order to get a dictionary attack. But I would still like to know, how to use the combinatory attack without the optional(?) options for the rules "-j" or "-k".

Messages In This Thread
How to recover password by truecrypt - by N007 - 09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: How to recover password by truecrypt - by Zusan - 09-16-2013, 11:32 PM