HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force
So I did the following to get the hashes using NTDSXtract, I ended up just using a debian virtual machine as I could not get libesedb to compile with cygwin or visual studio 2013.

I used the guide here.

However the download for libesedb is on google, be sure to use the 20120102 one. Also had to "apt-get install python python-crypto" so I could run it.

Followed the rest of that blog post, except the table commands where +1 each, datatable.4 and link_table.6:

Code:
python dsusers.py ../../ntds.dit.export/datatable.4 ../../ntds.dit.export/link_table.6 --passwordhashes ../../SYSTEM.hive --passwordhistory ../../SYSTEM.hive > hahes.txt

A few commands coming up, transferred the hashes.txt to my host, I just used Excel to do the matching:

This will give you all the LM hashes split up:
Code:
grep ::: hashes.txt | grep -v "\$NT\$" | sed -rn 's/.*\:(.{16})(.{16})\:\:\:/\1\r\n\2/p'

The same for NTLM but we include (instead of -v) the $NT$, and tweak the sed:
Code:
grep ::: hashes.txt | grep "\$NT\$" | sed -rn 's/.*\:\$NT\$(.{32})\:\:\:/\1/p'

And the LM hahes are now working ... I will work on the step-by-step guide to this and also the using the LM Clear text passwords to match against the NTLM passwords, I did consider the Table-Lookup Attack, but Toggle-Case seems to do what we want for that.

Anyways, thanks so far =]

Messages In This Thread
HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by madcatter - 04-25-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by atom - 04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by madcatter - 04-25-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by epixoip - 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by madcatter - 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by madcatter - 04-25-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: HELP/GUIDE: LM Brute Force - by epixoip - 04-26-2014, 12:47 AM