save calculated hashes or check against partial hash
umm the other 22 digits are "lost" somehow, no way I can figure them out, but probably I should explain the structure of the original string a bit more. it looks like this:

Code:
<ip-address><proprietary string>

the <proprietary string> I'm able to figure out. The <ip-adress> is the missing part, but I know that the ip-adress is constant. 

so if I "create" a cropped hash from the original string through my proprietary application and use hashcat to crack it, I will get a set of this form as output from hashcat:
Code:
hash: <ip-address_1><proprietary string>
hash: <ip-address_2><proprietary string>
hash: <ip-address_3><proprietary string>

Since I have full controll over the <proprietary string> part (the only thing I'm able to influence), I can create another, different cropped hash by changing the <proprietary string> field and this time only use the ip-adresses from the hashcat output for cracking and repeat.

using this approach I should be able to determinate the ip-adress in a reasonable time, shouldn't I? The only thing I need is a fast way to create these sets of
Code:
hash: <ip-address><proprietary string>

Thank you so far

Messages In This Thread
RE: save calculated hashes or check against partial hash - by r00t - 07-20-2015, 12:53 AM