Nvidia stock vs overclocked vs superclocked
It's rather a question if you want the exhaust-style cooling or not. You can do the overclocking yourself anyway but changing the shroud is an issue when OEM-style cooling (that distributes the heat in the case more or less equally instead of exhausting it) turns out to be an issue. In the case of the 1070 however this shouldn't be much of a problem if you have a decent airflow in your case. 

My decision would be based upon if the machine is sitting next to me or not. If it would be under my desk I would choose the superclocked versions and make sure I have a decent airflow because it may be less noisy in theory if not I would prefer the founders edition since the exhaust-style provides better cooling if you have more than one gpu.

(09-07-2016, 02:13 PM)bastibasti Wrote: Hi,

I'm going to purchase 1-2 1070s for hashcat, john and other CL applications.
The 1070 seems to be good iop/€ and power consumption choice.

They will be installed into an ATX Tower which has plenty of cooling. The motherboard temp. never goes over 40°C and the CPU never over 45°C. The amount of fans installed actually pushes the air into the housing dropping the PSU temperature noticably. - So I guess ambient temperature issues are not really something to consider for me.

However I wonder whether to get the default speed one, or the overclocked/superclocked one?

Form my perspective the gain is maybe 5-8% but how long will the card survive beeing at 100% all the time?
sch0.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia stock vs overclocked vs superclocked - by kartan - 09-07-2016, 02:43 PM