Nice tip to use old versions for stone age hardware.
(06-24-2017, 04:56 AM)epixoip Wrote: 1. If you had just gone to our Github page and downloaded hashcat-legacy v2.00 or built it from source, you wouldn't have had to jump through all the hoops to bypass the timebomb in an ancient version.

I'm not sure 2.0 would work on this thing. It's pretty ancient. And to compile I would need to get all the dependencies and install them. Which also probably wouldn't work.

(06-24-2017, 04:56 AM)epixoip Wrote: 2. If you spent a couple hundred dollars

Nope. I absolutely positively cannot throw anywhere near hundreds of dollars around. Can't even spend that on upgrading my hanging to bits ancient broken laptop nailed to the wall server.

(06-24-2017, 04:56 AM)epixoip Wrote: long-deprecated rainbow tables.

Depreciated? Even for LM? I've noticed that new and shiny hashcat says it will take about 51 minutes bruteforcing 7 characters long LM with a mixalphanumeric-all character set. This is on two HD 7970 M on my beefier laptop which is the most powerful I can manage. To do the same from RTI2 rainbow tables takes less than half the time and probably less than quarter the power and the server alone can do it so I don't have to SSH jump from server to my beefier main laptop.

So for me at least they are totally ideal.
I might try 2.0 though if I can make the time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nice tip to use old versions for stone age hardware. - by CGarz - 06-24-2017, 06:05 AM