clGetEventProfilingInfo(): error on EVGA 1080ti
(11-19-2017, 02:16 AM)royce Wrote: What's the output of hashcat -I and nvidia-smi?

Both my cards showed up just fine.  It seems more like this was a timeout in some sort of initialization loop on program entry under Windows.

I gave up and went to Ubuntu.  I just needed to re-learn UNIX again, and write a command file generation from my Windows command files.  Used Hashcat without issues under that.  No biggy.

I ended up breaking the password in 6 weeks after exhausting a word+7 alpha full combination initially, and then cracking a Truecrypt password (using all the hashing combinations or truecrypt - 12 of them) with a word generator I wrote out of a program that generated all the possible letter combinations (assigning a word instead of a letter, then killing adjacent duplicates).  As it turns out the password was 34 characters long - I would have been screwed without approaching it from a different angle. 

On the up side - I got really good at using Hashcat.  On the downside, I have a slightly used 1080ti that I don't really need (which I never managed to overclock under Ubuntu).  Maybe when it gets colder I can start mining and heat the house....

Thx.

B

Messages In This Thread
RE: clGetEventProfilingInfo(): error on EVGA 1080ti - by BobbyMac99 - 11-19-2017, 06:37 AM