Building a password rig with 0 success... help needed!
(10-03-2019, 10:53 AM)philsmd Wrote: did you try to setup the system for instance with only 2 GPUs and without using risers at all ? risers could introduce a lot of headaches for sure

(10-03-2019, 11:47 AM)undeath Wrote:
The problems you are seeing sound like defective risers.

Thanks! You are correct about the risers! I swapped all risers with brand new ones, and it seems to change the 1->2 GPU performance decrease. For testing purposes, new risers vs direct connect perform the same. Im seeing roughly ~340kH/s for WPA2 whether on risers or not. 

Now the current problem - whenever I attempt 5 or 6 GPUs, the machine won't boot. It is simply a black screen with a rapid flashing cursor.. 

Using a max of four at a time, I have tested all GPUs, all risers, and all PCIE Slots. No matter the config, four cards work fine but once the 5th card is plugged in, the machine won't boot. 

It sounds like it would be a power overload problem but I have 1000W powering 3GPUs + Mobo + sata. An additional 750W is only powering the fourth GPU and the potential 5th GPU I'm trying. 

Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building a password rig with 0 success... help needed! - by kcccs12 - 10-03-2019, 06:30 PM