Is there a way to extract a password hash from AESCrypt archive?
(04-09-2020, 08:32 AM)philsmd Wrote: just to make it very clear: NO, a ramdisk doesn't help against missing or wrong drivers (people often see some "solutions" here and just think this might work... but a ramdisk is something completely/utterly unrelated... has nothing to do with driver problems, see https://hashcat.net/faq/wrongdriver)

Hi but the ramdisk does help against the Access denied problem, that I even try to solve with attrib.
And it is unclear if hashcat does the work in memory or on my sdd?

Anyway I managed to minimize the mask and the cracking works as it should. I found the right password from the hash that I extract from the Duplicati backup file.

But there is a bug and a missunderstanding of the keyboard on my laptop. I made a misstake of the numlock function. Some buttons type same charcter with shift and numlock some don't.
That is what that is not clear on the signs on the buttons that led to the issue.

Then again I thnk the beta of hashcat works just fine and you can merge the perlscript and the new code together but watch out for that Access denied issue other users have seen it too and it is not there in the last stable release.

Thanks for all the help this was good learning

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a way to extract a password hash from AESCrypt archive? - by zub - 04-09-2020, 12:44 PM