Hashcating 7z passw
Thank you for your feedback . As I'm still new at this, I need some time to get into the subject matter and process the information. Thank God I dont need the data right now.

The password in question "composed" of 4-6 letter words and numbers in a fixed order (think of it as a long sentence without spaces), so essentially I mistyped one of these words.

Let us say the password is composed of: LEFTPARTOFTHEPASSWORD street random root bunny RIGHTPARTOFTHEPASSWORD (without spaced between words). And let us say e.g. that "random" always goes after street" and before "root".

The error is somewhere in the "streetrandomrootbunny" part.

Assuming that street is the mistyped word in password being it could be:
LEFTPART?treetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTs?reetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTst?leetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstr?letRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstre?tRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstree?RIGHTPART
LEFTPARTtreetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTsreetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTsteetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstretRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstreetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstreeRIGHTPART
LEFTPART?streetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTs?treetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTst?reetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstr?eetRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstre?etRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstree?tRIGHTPART
LEFTPARTstreet?RIGHTPART

where ? is a lowercase letter, assuming there is only one typo in the word.

What I was thinking of doing is running the above combinations for 4 potential words that are at issue. However, if that doesnt work (assuming I made more than 1 mistake in one of these 4 words OR that there are two potential mistakes in two separate words), I was thinking of using a tool to make more complex masks involving combinations of two words at the time.

Could you also help me with a hash extraction? Is there some tool that correctly extracts hash of a 7z password protected archive?  I'm still getting the "Token length exception" error.

Messages In This Thread
Hashcating 7z passw - by angelicoq - 04-27-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: Hashcating 7z passw - by philsmd - 04-27-2020, 11:47 AM
RE: Hashcating 7z passw - by angelicoq - 04-27-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Hashcating 7z passw - by undeath - 04-27-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Hashcating 7z passw - by philsmd - 04-27-2020, 07:08 PM