What is the speed of Hashcat for cracking wallet.dat using GPU?
(05-24-2020, 11:24 PM)blibblob Wrote: Is it possible to extrapolate in such a way?
yes, that's correct

(05-24-2020, 11:24 PM)blibblob Wrote: My password would have been something like a word (with first letter a capital), two or three numbers, then one or two punctuation symbols. An example (I am making this up) would be: Frog66!!
A decent wordlist that contains "frog"? Yes, you will probably have that. But adding numbers and symbols will add significant complexity, unless, like in your example, the numbers and symbols are simply the same character repeatedly.

(05-24-2020, 11:24 PM)blibblob Wrote: The other thing I don't know is whether the password format of the wallet.dat is dependent on the software used. For example, if someone password protects their wallet.dat using Electrum, could that be a different method compared to, say, password protecting their wallet.dat with MultiBit or Wasabi? Or is it all the same to Hashcat (as type 11300)?

wallet.dat is the file format used by bitcoind. If you use other software it will use other wallet formats. They are not compatible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the speed of Hashcat for cracking wallet.dat using GPU? - by undeath - 05-25-2020, 12:11 PM