[ noobie :) ] Any estimates on times? I have no idea what I am doing
>>> 62*62*62*62*62*62*62*62/(100000*3600*24*365)
69L

which mean at a speed of 100.000 c/s try to crack a 8 character long mix-alpha-numeric password will take you, if you are unlucky, 69 years and if you are extremely lucky one second. That is the conventional way of BF, if I am not very wrong.
Not to discourage you. But in my opinion such password of following examples e.g.
b$y$ucu@@nh (meaning e replaced with $ and a replaced with @), Ame6bHg, kfg1h@2g, !he"ime £oday,miluveiss$ck won't hardly be in any list.

aMt7ygDz that is a default password of plusnet, BT router, delivered within the box in February 2010, customer could change to longer, more complicate but thought not necessary. This PW won't be in any list. Test your download files with unix find/grep/fastgrep/pcregrep/awk then you will see.

4jYki3hD is a default router password within a BT delivery box my friend received 8 months ago. and hundred thousand of similar PW like them sent out every week since then for sure.

Around me are 21 networks they are all WPA2 but one WPA. Believe me their PW are not in list. Whether using rainbow table or not, super WPA dict 13 Giga, Mega dict sorted/dreamlined of 52G or not you won't find. Those conventional BF days are yesterday. That is UK today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ noobie :) ] Any estimates on times? I have no idea what I am doing - by ntk - 02-29-2012, 01:57 AM