Dedicated rig for.cracking trueceypt container
I recently cracked a TrueCrypt container that had a 12 character password. I ran the attack on a system that has 12 X 2080ti cards. I ran the attack using a dictionary and a set of rules. The attack ran for about 30 days until the dictionary was exhausted without cracking it. I then tried another dictionary which also ran for about a month with no luck. Next up I ranĀ another dictionary with a different rules set...password cracked in 2 hours. The point I am trying to make is that no matter what hardware you have if the password you are seeking to crack is not in your dictionary/rules you will never crack it. Given your password is 25+ characters long brute forcing it is out so you are stuck with a dictionary/rules attack. If you know something about the password...you mentioned that it was created from a set of your passwords. I would try creating a word list from your "set of passwords" that you use then running them through the Princess Process to build a large dictionary. Filter this dictionary to show only 25+ characters and run that. I am not hopefulĀ for success with that long of a password.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dedicated rig for.cracking trueceypt container - by jhcameron - 10-31-2020, 12:22 AM