Random and possible strings in the same rule?
I have ethereum wallet with $10,000 in it that is 5 year old.

I have a couple word I think might be in, but also could be string from random.org. I understand I will likely never find this password but I like to try.

I have 256 cpu core I can throw at it and let it hash for a few years if that is what it takes. I try gpu and it slow 0.2hps

I just need a rule set I can start and forget about it. Check in every couple months.

Anyone willing to help with an example rule set? Platform is ubuntu 20.04 and cores are 4x Epyc 7742
(04-18-2021, 12:02 AM)JumpingJoeExotic Wrote: I have ethereum wallet with $10,000 in it that is 5 year old.

I have a couple word I think might be in, but also could be string from random.org. I understand I will likely never find this password but I like to try.

I have 256 cpu core I can throw at it and let it hash for a few years if that is what it takes. I try gpu and it slow 0.2hps

I just need a rule set I can start and forget about it. Check in every couple months.

Anyone willing to help with an example rule set? Platform is ubuntu 20.04 and cores are 4x Epyc 7742

first of all take a breath and start thinking, you will need some basic informations gathered before starting any attack

true random string? -> bruteforce, no rules needed
true random string? -> known length, charset?

some kind of password(s/style) you used? -> generate your own wordlist and add rules and/or supplied by some masks, i think there is a possibility to automate feed generated rules to hashcat, but never tried this

EDIT:
cracking for years? just for fun, try to calculate when you hit the 10k bucks on electricity costs, maybe you can get your money just by not cracking it