How to combine them correctly hybrid dict + mask & rules?
Greetings to the audience
I ask for the advice of experienced users.

I'm solving the problem of how to take a dictionary, add characters to it by mask, and then apply the rules and get candidates?

At the same time, I can't use maskprocessor to generate files with rules (so the instruction advises to do in my case) because they will be of an impossible size.

a simple example:
"myword + ?d?d + rules = Myword12, myword_35, mYword72 .......... and more......"

I'm sure there is a simple solution!

Thanks
The main question in situations like yours is most of the time the same: how huge is the set of words, rules etc...

if you only have a few words + rules that you want to try, you could just precompute a new dictionary... the --stdout feature of hashcat can come very handy here (you could just use -a 6 --stdout base_words.txt ?d?d to compute a new dict with numbers appended)

on the other site, you could also think of using pipes/stdin mode (hashcat --stdout ... | hashcat -a 0 -m 0 ...)

or you could just use rule chaning (which is probably also very efficient and easy to use in your situation).... you can use multiple rule files and they are kind of "concatenated" (see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rul...ulti-rules). hashcat even has some default/shipped rule files, e.g hashcat -a 0 -w 3 -O -m 0. -r rules/hybrid/append_d.rule -r rules/hybrid/append_d.rule -r my_custom_rules.rule hash.txt base_words.txt)

choose the one method that is fastest in your very PARTICULAR situation (again it depends mainly on the number of base words and rules, but also on the hash algorithm and total password candidate size, i.e. is it feasible and efficient to store/pre-compute a new dict or should this be done on-the-fly to avoid slow I/O i.e. disk bottleneck).
Good luck cracking
hashcat --stdout ... | hashcat -a 0 -m 0 ... - It worked!!!!!!

I came up with this idea, but I got an error - "Already an instance D:\hashcat-6.2.1\hashcat.exe running on pid 12776"

It worked after I ran different copies of the program from different folders:

- "D:\hashcat\hashcat -a 6 test.dict ?d?d --stdout | D:\hashcat-6.2.1\hashcat.exe -a 0 -r test.rule ... "

When working with a slow hash, I do not observe a performance loss.
We should be aware of this possibility!!!

Thank you very much!!!
Sad 
how to do such a trick in Ubuntu???