[Need Help] I'm failing to do combination attack from a wordlist
Hello everyone, I'm trying to decrypt a blockchain v2 wallet, I'm using hashcat-6.2.3 beta also I have hash.txt & wordlist.txt files set. I spent long time reading guides but still can't manage to do a combination attack using the wordlist correctly. my wordlist has 7 lines each line has 2-4 variations of the same word (as example one line has the words YOU U you u) I'm 100% sure that the password is a combination of those words in the wordlist so I don't need to add masks or use bruteforce or straight attack but no matter what command changes I do, hashcat just do 1 iteration and stop. the same wordlist on btcrecover produced 100+ million combinations but ETA was so crazy long because it's using CPU only and I'm sure this is no problem for hashcat once I use the right command, alternately maybe I can use another tool to generate a password list using all possible combinations from my wordlist then use that passwordlist for straight attack, if anyone knows such a tool it can fix the problem for me. I'm sorry for the long post and I hope if anyone can help me. Thanks.
could you please give examples of password candidates ? how do the passwords look like ?

are they several words combined directly next to each other (no space etc) ? how many words do you need to combine ?

if you only need 2 words, you can use -a 1 attack mode. otherwise you might need to use combinator3 or combine 2 of them with --stdout and repeat that for more combinations (e.g. first combine 2, then add 1 word to make it 3 etc etc).

It all depends on how many words and variants you have and how many words need to be combined (next to each other).
(08-05-2021, 12:57 PM)philsmd Wrote: could you please give examples of password candidates ? how do the passwords look like ?

are they several words combined directly next to each other (no space etc) ? how many words do you need to combine ?

if you only need 2 words, you can use -a 1 attack mode. otherwise you might need to use combinator3 or combine 2 of them with --stdout and repeat that for more combinations (e.g. first combine 2, then add 1 word to make it 3 etc etc).

It all depends on how many words and variants you have and how many words need to be combined (next to each other).

Well, that is an old wallet was used on a mining test rig only for few days and I'm sure that during this period of time I was using a small group of password combinations but idk what combination I used on that rig. let's say the seed words is (cat, bird, door, bell, 585663) I'd combine them to make a password and probably add some numbers in between or make some letters uppercase or replace some with numbers like replacing o with 0 as example so the password could be something like cat&bird or 2C4Ts2b!rds&585663doorb3lls. currently I'm trying OneRuleToRuleThemAll.rule with dict.txt but I'm not sure if that is what I'm looking for. also what do u think about that speed i'm using 1 rx 570 on my pc but that looks so low 
Speed.Dev.#1.....:      84 H/s (0.21ms) @ Accel:32 Loops:16 Thr:256 Vec:1
Try using a command along the lines of:

Code:
hashcat -a1 -m<your_mode> word1.txt word2.txt
Where word1.txt is words like "YOU" "U" "you" "u" as specified previously and word2.txt is the second part you believe it to be.
(08-05-2021, 03:13 PM)0x69BE027C97 Wrote: Try using a command along the lines of:

Code:
hashcat -a1 -m<your_mode> word1.txt word2.txt
Where word1.txt is words like "YOU" "U" "you" "u" as specified previously and word2.txt is the second part you believe it to be.

I tried this and it only make a combination of 2 words while I'm looking for all possible combinations up to 7 words because the higher chance password was not a 2 word phrase, I'm trying to generate a list using btcrecover listpass to use it for hashcat straight attack but it crashing due to low RAM