extracting hash from Word 2011 file
Shocked 
Hi,

When I run office2john to pull the hash from a .docx, it throws the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\brian\Desktop\cracking\run\office2john.py", line 3082, in <module>
    ret = process_file(sys.argv[i])
  File "C:\Users\brian\Desktop\cracking\run\office2john.py", line 3005, in process_file
    return process_new_office(filename)
  File "C:\Users\brian\Desktop\cracking\run\office2john.py", line 2813, in process_new_office
    xml_metadata_parser(data, filename)
  File "C:\Users\brian\Desktop\cracking\run\office2john.py", line 2857, in xml_metadata_parser
    for node in tree.getiterator('{http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/keyEncryptor/password}encryptedKey'):
AttributeError: 'ElementTree' object has no attribute 'getiterator'

I created this file using Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 Version 14.16. Is this version of Word not supported by office2john? I'm using the latest version of office2john included with the 1.9.0 jumbo release. 

Are there other tools I can use to extract the hash? I recognize this forum maybe doesn't directly support office2john, but I'm not sure where else to post.

This is the file in question: https://bit.ly/3y8sdJa
maybee outdated python or missing dependency, no problem with extracting the hash

see pm
Thank you! Will try to sort out what is going wrong on my end but helpful to know its not an issue with office2john.
(08-23-2021, 04:53 PM)dlkasl1 Wrote: Thank you! Will try to sort out what is going wrong on my end but helpful to know its not an issue with office2john.

So did you find the problem ?
Very delayed answer - but updating to the latest office2john from github fixed any issues.

(09-01-2021, 09:58 AM)lionbladerunner Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 04:53 PM)dlkasl1 Wrote: Thank you! Will try to sort out what is going wrong on my end but helpful to know its not an issue with office2john.

So did you find the problem ?