Issues using GTX 1080 Ti + Hashcat 6.2.4 (SOLVED)
Hi, I had already tested hascat and it worked before. But since adding a new card to my rig I keep getting a weird error. I am wondering if I can fix it by changing my driver version, or if its a hardware issue I have?

Command:
Code:
hashcat -b -m 22000

Output:
Code:
CUDA API (CUDA 11.4)
====================
* Device #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 10227/11264 MB, 28MCU

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable

-------------------------------------------------------------
* Hash-Mode 22000 (WPA-PBKDF2-PMKID+EAPOL) [Iterations: 4095]
-------------------------------------------------------------

cuModuleLoadDataEx(): device kernel image is invalid
* Device #1: Kernel ./OpenCL/m22000-pure.cl load failed. Error Log:
errorĀ  : Binary format for key='0', ident='' is not recognized
* Device #1: Kernel ./OpenCL/m22000-pure.cl build failed.
update:
when I uninstall everything, installed cuda 11.1 but unselected the cuda built in driver. I run hashcat and it instantly restarted my computer.
I then installed nvidia studio driver 472.12 and I get the same error (in original post)
Note. I did a FurMark stress test without driver = restarts, with driver seems fine.
I would like to try an install an earlier version, any suggestions? Also does anyone know where I can download old drivers from nvidia?

Update 2:
Hashcat 4.1.0 works!!
Hashcat 6.2.4 and also beta produce the error
In general, unselecting the driver that is packaged with CUDA is a bad idea in my experience. A clean reinstall of the latest CUDA package from their website (https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads) should fix your issue.
(10-17-2021, 09:33 AM)NoReply Wrote: In general, unselecting the driver that is packaged with CUDA is a bad idea in my experience. A clean reinstall of the latest CUDA package from their website (https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads) should fix your issue.

Oh, thanks for the reply. I did try cuda 11.4 but I got a different error in hashcat with that, where it said it wants 11.1. But now you made me think it was a conflict of versions maybe on my side. So if 11.4 is compatible I will try and get that working.

I just tried to install and when I checked the driver version I see that it actually replaces the graphics driver I already installed. For some reason I thought they were seperate things. But it wants to take it from 472.12 down to version 471.41. I will give it a try and report back here. Thanks again

*Update*

I installed Cuda and did proper restarts. But cuda install did not downgrade my graphics driver to 471.41 so I uninstalled my current one and installed 471.41 manually. I still get the same error as before Sad
SOLVED!

Turns out the batch file I was using to check the benchmark of version 6.2.4 was actually using 6.2.4+74, so I was only testing the Beta. So I changed it to test the stable 6.2.4 and it works. So this is great. Not sure if downgrading the graphics driver helped too, but it works so I will leave it as it is.

The Beta produces this error still but I will stick to the stable.