Custom mask: SOLVED
Wink 
Hello everyone,

In 2018 i locked a 66 ethereum wallet inside a zip file with a password Big Grin, i thought i was being careful and i used a pretty long password. the laptop keyboard was french and from what i can remember, i generated a more like jtr mask, but i can't seem to have it work on hashcat, i have read the documentation and couldn't convert it to hashcat usable mask. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Here is the mask in jtr format:

[cC][vV][@à0À][Ee€][Tt][Hh][nN][Oo][Tt][1&][2Éé~][3#"][\.;][0@àÀ]
(12-13-2021, 11:29 PM)zoumou Wrote: Hello everyone,

In 2018 i locked a 66 ethereum wallet inside a zip file with a password Big Grin, i thought i was being careful and i used a pretty long password. the laptop keyboard was french and from what i can remember, i generated a more like jtr mask, but i can't seem to have it work on hashcat, i have read the documentation and couldn't convert it to hashcat usable mask. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

hahscat supports 4 custom charsets, but your mask is way to complicated for this approach

i would use hashcat tools combinator for building your own dictionary like this

file 1
c
C
file 2
v
V

combinator file 1 file 2 > file 3

file 4 
@
à
À

combinator file 3 file 4 > file 5
(12-14-2021, 04:16 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 11:29 PM)zoumou Wrote: Hello everyone,

hahscat supports 4 custom charsets, but your mask is way to complicated for this approach

i would use hashcat tools combinator for building your own dictionary like this

file 1
c
C
file 2
v
V

combinator file 1 file 2 > file 3

file 4 
@
à
À

combinator file 3 file 4 > file 5

Your answer was complete, i managed to generate the wordlist using your help, thank you for your help.