How do I combine Restore option with Optimized kernel option?
Question 
Hi!

I'm using Hashcat 6.2.5 and I can't seem to find a way to combine the Restore option (--restore) with the option to run with optimized kernel (-O) on the same command line. Is this not possible at all or am I missing something like having to specify the options in a particular order? I think I have exhausted all possibilities by now.

Code:
hashcat -a3 -m0 hashfile.txt -O --restore

hashcat -a3 -m0 --restore hashfile.txt -O

hashcat -a3 -m0 --restore -O hashfile.txt

These are some of the combinations I have tried.

Code:
Usage: hashcat [options]... hash|hashfile|hccapxfile [dictionary|mask|directory]...

Try --help for more help.

According to the usage hint, options are specified after the name of the program but before the hashfile. But according to the performance hint text that comes up if your hashrate is very low, the optionĀ for optimized kernel (-O) is to be "appended", meaning specified at the end of the line.

Code:
ATTENTION! Pure (unoptimized) OpenCL kernels selected.
This enables cracking passwords and salts > length 32 but for the price of drastically reduced performance.
If you want to switch to optimized OpenCL kernels, append -O to your commandline.

Note that I can use the -O as well as --restore, but not in combination it would seem.

Maybe I'm missing an argument somewhere?

Playfully yours,
meow
šŸˆ
Unless I am mistaken, the Restore option (--restore) can only be used independently and by doing so it implicitly calls upon the optimized kernel option (-O) to be used if it was used previously, before the session ended.

Code:
hashcat -a3 -m0 hashfile.txt -O

[c]eckpoint

hashcat --restore

Update: Yes, this checks out.

P.s. I am no longer fixing these messy newlines of the forum. Every time I edit a post I get extra newlines in places I did not ask for, and I'm tired of fixing that.