hashcat-gui combination attack syntax incorrect
I'm fairly new to this, and I am able to get a straight attack working, but when I choose combination attack, I keep getting the Usage: .\cudahashcat-plus64.exe..... message.

Here is the command hashcat generates:
Code:
cudaHashcat-plus64.exe --attack-mode 1 --remove --outfile C:\sectools\hashes\raw-md5.hashes.aa.out --gpu-devices 1 --gpu-watchdog 85 C:\sectools\hashes\raw-md5.hashes.aa C:\sectools\wordlists\rockyou.txt

Am i missing something here? I don't see any other options in the gui I can check.
I think for --attack-mode 1 in -plus you need exactly 2 dictionaries, not more, not less.

Might be a good idea to make the GUI aware of such things so it doesn't allow starting attacks with known invalid combinations. Just added it to the TODO.
(04-06-2012, 04:15 PM)scandium Wrote: I think for --attack-mode 1 in -plus you need exactly 2 dictionaries, not more, not less.

Might be a good idea to make the GUI aware of such things so it doesn't allow starting attacks with known invalid combinations. Just added it to the TODO.

Thanks, that was it. Makes sense that it would need 2 dictionaries, but I was thinking it would just combine words from the same dictionary file.
Just add the same dictionary twice