Change DES mode Module 14000
hi to the whole forum,
was doing a test and I would need to modify hashcat in the DES part ... I have located the file that deals with the decrypt (m14000_a3-pure.cl). The change I would like to make is to have Hashcat decrypt the same keys it generates and then compare the result with the hash I give in input ... who can help me?
Can Anyone help me?
sounds like you are looking for a "new type" of DES hashalgorithm? you could open up a github request but then you will have to provide some more data

how the hashalgorithm works? i really didnt get your point what you want to achieve, i mean hahscat tries (wordlist bruteforce etc.) passwords -> calculates hashmode(password[Confusedalt]) and compare wheter this computed hash is searched (your given hashlist) if it matches it will tell you and store it into the potfile, so what do you want to achieve?
Thanks for the reply. I'll explain better ... I don't have the plain of the key I'm looking for, but I know that the result is equal to the des of the key itself ... so I would need that as Plain the same combinations it generates is passed to hashcat which it will then compare with my decrypt.
(01-24-2022, 06:59 PM)zerocool22 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I'll explain better ... I don't have the plain of the key I'm looking for, but I know that the result is equal to the des of the key itself ... so I would need that as Plain the same combinations it generates is passed to hashcat which it will then compare with my decrypt.

Hi,

I tried to open a ticket on github, but no response. Isn't there anyone who can help me pass to hashcat in the module 14000_a3-pure.cl the same keys it generates instead of the salt?