Brute-Forcing KeePass 1.x kdb file - cracked-lib-words failed...Where do I go now?
I'm lost just like Axl Rose is.

I am new to the hashcat application but it looks very cool. I downloaded it and installed it and then I downloaded the cracklib-words file which is about 16MB of pre-generated (or simply known) dictionary passwords.

It failed to get my KeePass 1.x password back to me.

So, what do I do now...look for bigger dictionary files or what?

***** EDIT *****: On a related question, I might be more interested in actually getting a password generator. Because my passwords, sometimes, follow a general pattern. And I could create all the combinations using that general pattern to test them myself afterwards. What tools could be recommended for generating a password file using patterns that hashcat could take as input to brute-force?

Thanks for reading!
hashcat team has made some tools see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=has...hcat-utils

i mostly use combinator, combinator3 and maskprocessor to gerate wordlists or rulesets

depending on how you build up your passwords, you could use these tools to build up your own dictionary, just aiming for passowrds you used, or combinations of them