hashcat.exe --session=hashcat --restore stopped working..
I had a WPA cracking process, suddenly the point restore command stopped working and I didn't change anything in hashcat's folder. Do you know what may caused that? Can I fix It somehow to work again? Thanks!

Attached Files
.png   Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (847).png (Size: 98.99 KB / Downloads: 10)
if you take a closer look, the session says it startet on partition F: and therefore expects to be restarted from F:

now your hashcat folder resides on I: (i assume external hdd, usb-stick?)

if you use multiple usb-drives disconnect all of them except for the hashcat drive and use windows diskmanagement to change the driveletter from I: back to F: (F: should be free after disconnectiong other usb drives)
(01-31-2022, 11:48 AM)Snoopy Wrote: if you take a closer look, the session says it startet on partition F: and therefore expects to be restarted from F:

if you use multiple usb-drives disconnect all of them except for the hashcat drive and use windows diskmanagement to change the driveletter from I: back to F: (F: should be free after disconnectiong other usb drives)

Oh! Yes! Most likely that's what caused It. I will try change It to F: and keep you posted. Thank you!!
(01-31-2022, 11:48 AM)Snoopy Wrote: if you take a closer look, the session says it startet on partition F: and therefore expects to be restarted from F:

That was It, thank you!! Now I can continue the cracking process..