Git Bash (Win) [s]tatus Issue (Keypress not getting registered)
[Image: 8Dm61Lm.png]

Hello good people of Hashcat forums.
I've ran into a strange (but probably simple issue) while running hashcat on Windows inside Git Bash terminal/terminal emulator. 

I'm running it as xterm, but the same is happening with every type that I am able to change to in "git bash" options.
As you can see in the screenshot above if I hit "s" - it just gets typed as if it was waiting for input. I can hit "return" and it just executes it without actually showing the status or updating hashcat to show me the status (or quit for example)

I have not ran into this issue running git bash in Windows 11 terminal, I have not ran into this issue running Hashcat in a VM, in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali), in Arch or anywhere else. 
It's only with git bash where this issue is appearing.
try running hashcat inside a pure windows cmd or powershell session and use git bash only for git related things
(04-01-2022, 08:17 PM)Snoopy Wrote: try running hashcat inside a pure windows cmd or powershell session and use git bash only for git related things

That I understand, and yes, as mentioned in my post I am able to use hashcat in that way. 
Just my git bash was setup perfectly as it almost 1:1 mimics my UX environments inside Windows and I was wondering if it's possible to fix this pesky little bug with hashcat and git bash