Digests different from unique digests
Hello everyone, I’m trying to crack in brute force way a file of ntlm hashes. The problem is when I start hashcat it writes two different numbers of unique digests and digests . Bu there are no duplicates in the hashes file. So, maybe , is a memory problem? I have to chunk in different files my hashes file ?
(04-29-2022, 08:04 AM)Alessia97 Wrote: Hello everyone, I’m trying to crack in brute force way a file of ntlm hashes. The problem is when I start hashcat it writes two different numbers of unique digests and digests . Bu there are no duplicates in the hashes file. So, maybe , is a memory problem? I have to chunk in different files my hashes file ?

could it be, that in your file the empty ntlm hash is included? or how big is the diff in both numbers?
(04-29-2022, 02:04 PM)Snoopy Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 08:04 AM)Alessia97 Wrote: Hello everyone, I’m trying to crack in brute force way a file of ntlm hashes. The problem is when I start hashcat it writes two different numbers of unique digests and digests . Bu there are no duplicates in the hashes file. So, maybe , is a memory problem? I have to chunk in different files my hashes file ?

could it be, that in your file the empty ntlm hash is included? or how big is the diff in both numbers?

This is the output:

Hashes: 847223402 digests; 268435456 unique digests

I've cheked and there are not empty lines Sad
well this is quite a huge list, i would assume you downloaded a bulk of uncracked ntlm from somewhere?

some sites just copy/merge "left lists" and doesnt check for doubles, so i would assume there are many many doubles inside

you could check with
linux
Code:
sort -ui yourfile | wc-l

the output number is your real uniq count