hashcat and AMD CPU's
Sad 
Hello,

It feels like I have searched all of the internet and still have problems at the moment...  So I will try to ask here and see if someone have some idea what I'am doing wrong.

I have a Threadripper (1950X) machine that I'am trying to setup with a Nvidia GPU (GTX 1060). I want to use both the CPU and the GPU at the same time but nothing works that I have tried. I'm only tying to get the setup of the OS right, I will be adding better GPUs later on.

First I started with Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS and then Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I have tried many different ways on both ubuntu versions but nothing works for me.
I tried the Intel OpenCL runtime first, tried all different ways. Adding the Intel OpenCL repo and installing that way, tried the built in Intel OpenCL package in Ubuntu (that one does not work at all) and so on...  Sometimes the CPU worked, sometimes the GPU but not both at the same time.
Then I tried the POCL way, with POCL I got the CPU to run in hashcat benchmark but as soon as I install the Nvidia drivers or CUDA SDK I can't use the CPU any more. I can see the CPU with clinfo and hashcat -I but if I try to use it with hashcat --benchmark -d <CPU device ID> I get this error message: No devices found/left. GPU works fine all the time the drivers or CUDA is installed.

Then I reinstalled the machine to Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) and tried with the Intel OpenCL runtime + Nvidia drivers and I get the same problem again...  Tried with Nvidia CUDA SDK too but same same...  :-(

I can't find any information about this problem anywhere I have looked so far... So any help is appreciated!

Thanks for all the tips, I need them!  :-)
I got it to work.... Was a stupid little mistake while starting the benchmark. Both Intel OpenCL runtime and POCL works now. For future users that want to run both CPU and GPU you need to do it this way:
List devices:
hashcat -I

Start hashcat with:
hashcat -D 1,2,3 -d <device ids, for exampel: 1,3) -b

Hope it helps someone :-)
(07-14-2022, 11:56 AM)Kalle Wrote: I got it to work....  Was a stupid little mistake while starting the benchmark. Both Intel OpenCL runtime and POCL works now. For future users that want to run both CPU and GPU you need to do it this way:
List devices:
hashcat -I

Start hashcat with:
hashcat -D 1,2,3 -d <device ids, for exampel: 1,3) -b

Hope it helps someone  :-)

Reading the instructions helps, it is not recommended that the CPU and GPU break at the same time, please do tests and compare for yourself Smile
(07-14-2022, 12:09 PM)marc1n Wrote: Reading the instructions helps, it is not recommended that the CPU and GPU break at the same time, please do tests and compare for yourself Smile

Yeah, stupid mistake from my side...  But you live and you learn.  :-D

Ok, good to know and thanks for the information. :-)  The CPU is not that fast at hashing anyway so it was mostly for testing purposes I wanted to play with it.
Waiting for my chassis to show up, and then its time for some some GPU hunting now that the prices are dropping fast. Thinking about water cooling the GPU's since they sit so close to each other for best performance and cooling, the CPU can be air cooled since it's not used that often anyway.