Need help writing a rule
Question 
Hi, can anyone help write this rule:
For example, password is qwerty@123
The rule should make the password test@123
I will be very grateful.
Or the password is qwerty123
The rule should make the password test123
this will be not a simple task, rules are not for generating passwords but for modifiying, so i presume you have already a wordlist?

it WOULD be possible to do this with the help of,

Code:
Omit range ONM Delete M characters, starting at position N* O12 p@ssW0rd psW0rd
*index starts with 0

and prepend the letters for test, but only for very specific wordlenght, there is no logic to tell hashcat delete chars until you reach the sign @, digits or something similiar, so you have to specifiy exactly the lenght of the word beforehand, also, each prepended word will need another rule

so depending on your wordlist and the words you want to prepend/change (i presume you we are talking about a second wordlist with words you want to use) rules are not the preferred way to do the job, i would use cat, grep, sed, awk or a simple python script to generate these new wordlist beforehand

so, without knowing the real style of your wordlist(s) and amount of words you want to change or use, the needed work to to this with rules will be only acceptable for one to two words and/or wordlenght, for the rest, use bash or a fast pythonscript
(07-18-2022, 10:42 AM)Snoopy Wrote: this will be not a simple task, rules are not for generating passwords but for modifiying, so i presume you have already a wordlist?

it WOULD be possible to do this with the help of,

Code:
Omit range ONM Delete M characters, starting at position N* O12 p@ssW0rd psW0rd
*index starts with 0

and prepend the letters for test, but only for very specific wordlenght, there is no logic to tell hashcat delete chars until you reach the sign @, digits or something similiar, so you have to specifiy exactly the lenght of the word beforehand, also, each prepended word will need another rule

so depending on your wordlist and the words you want to prepend/change (i presume you we are talking about a second wordlist with words you want to use) rules are not the preferred way to do the job, i would use cat, grep, sed, awk or a simple python script to generate these new wordlist beforehand

so, without knowing the real style of your wordlist(s) and amount of words you want to change or use, the needed work to to this with rules will be only acceptable for one to two words and/or wordlenght, for the rest, use bash or a fast pythonscript

thank you very much