Signature unmatched Office 2013 hashes -m 9600
I’m trying to crack some word documents made in office 365 in 2020. office2john extracted hashes from them in the 2013 format, but when using -m 9600 I got the Signature unmatched error for all of them and No hashes loaded at the end. I get the same type of office 2013 hash and Signature unmatched error when I password protect a document with word 2019 and try to crack it.

The hashes are in the same format as the example 2013 hash in hashcat v6.2.5, but with nameoffile.docx: right before the hash. I’ve tried all the modes for different versions of MS Office with the hashes but they all give me the same error.

This is the code I used:
Code:
hashcat -m 9600 -a 3 allhashes.txt ?a?a?a?a?a
(07-21-2022, 07:21 PM)mike119 Wrote: I’m trying to crack some word documents made in office 365 in 2020. office2john extracted hashes from them in the 2013 format, but when using -m 9600 I got the Signature unmatched error for all of them and No hashes loaded at the end. I get the same type of office 2013 hash and Signature unmatched error when I password protect a document with word 2019 and try to crack it.

The hashes are in the same format as the example 2013 hash in hashcat v6.2.5, but with nameoffile.docx: right before the hash. I’ve tried all the modes for different versions of MS Office with the hashes but they all give me the same error.

This is the code I used:
Code:
hashcat -m 9600 -a 3 allhashes.txt ?a?a?a?a?a

Either remove the nameoffile.docx: part, or try using the --username flag at the end of your command
That worked, but now I'm stuck on Initializing backend runtime for device #1. Please be patient... It's been like that for over an hour. How do I get it to work or stop it safely?
(07-21-2022, 11:14 PM)mike119 Wrote: That worked, but now I'm stuck on Initializing backend runtime for device #1. Please be patient... It's been like that for over an hour. How do I get it to work or stop it safely?

STRG+C to stop

this is way to long, please post output of 
Code:
hashcat -I