Actually limit Hashcat performance/consumption?
Hi, I'm trying to actually lower hashcat´s performance/consumption. I want to use it while I work, but when I run it, even with the -w 1 parameter, it starts to hog up resources, which is ok, but the GPU starts to suck watts so my UPS starts to sound the alarm lol. Also tried to use -u but its deprecated right now.

Is there a way to maybe limit hashcat´s performance to maybe 25% or 50% of its current one?

Thanks in advance for the help!
when your gpu is really consuming so much power that your UPS is "jumping in", than your normal PSU is not capable of powering your workstation and should be replaced

there is no option for lowering gpu as far as i know, you could tell hahscat to use CPU only, there are also options for limiting the use of cpu-cores, relevant options

-d, --backend-devices          | Str  | Backend devices to use, separated with commas        | -d 1
-D, --opencl-device-types      | Str  | OpenCL device-types to use, separated with commas    | -D 1
--cpu-affinity            | Str  | Locks to CPU devices, separated with commas          | --cpu-affinity=1,2,3
Thanks Snoopy, will play with those parameters.

The weird thing is that in theory, my PSU is over 20% above my system´s max consumption, but I´ll take a look at that too, thanks a lot!

I hope to find a way to keep cracking in the background without everyone looking at me lol.