Hashing speeds significantly slower than benchmark?
Im pretty sure this is just a case of me not using the correct arguments, but I am getting much slower hashing speeds for 7zip (11600) than I do for the benchmark version.

******************************************************************************************
hashcat.exe -b -m 11600
gets me

Benchmark relevant options:
===========================
* --optimized-kernel-enable
Speed.#1.........:  544.2 kH/s (68.61ms) @ Accel:16 Loops:4096 Thr:256 Vec:1
******************************************************************************************

while

hashcat.exe -O -m 11600 >7zip example hash from the wiki here< -a 3 ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l --optimized-kernel-enable
gets me

Optimizers applied:
* Optimized-Kernel
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Brute-Force
Speed.#1.........:    16852 H/s (9.03ms) @ Accel:2 Loops:4096 Thr:256 Vec:1
Any thoughts on what might be causing this? Without dumping my entire terminal in here both cases appear to use the same device. I did also notice the difference in "@Accel:" of 16 and 2 but not sure of the significance.
benchmark uses 16384 iterations, example hash 2^19 = 524.288 # 524288/16384 = 32 NOW take your 544 kH/s divide through 32 and you will end up with 17kH/s which is nearly exactly your speed

so the "problem" is the higher iteration count for the example hash